Speak To An Experienced DWI/DUI Defense Attorney Today! Call 631-667-9666
Arrested for a DWI or DUI?
There are many potential charges for DUI in New York. They include:
- DUI: driving with a BAC of more than .08 percent but less than .18 percent
- Aggravated DUI: driving with a BAC of .18 percent or greater
- Felony DUI: repeat DUI offenses
- Underage DUI: driving with a BAC of .02 percent or greater while under age 21
- Driving While Ability Impaired (DWAI): driving with a BAC of between .05 and .07 percent while showing signs of impairment, such as breaking traffic laws
- DWAI Drugs: driving while under the influence of a controlled substance, with higher penalties if driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol
The possible legal consequences of being convicted of any of these charges are severe and range from paying steep fines to jail time and mandatory alcohol education classes. If you’re convicted of a DUI/DWI, you will also have your license suspended or revoked. In some situations, you may be required to install an ignition interlock device (IID) in your car in order to regain conditional driving privileges. These devices require an alcohol-free breath sample to start your car and to continue driving it.
Defending Your Case!
As skilled Long Island DUI defense attorney’s, we’ll examine every possible aspect of your DUI case, looking for all potential factual and legal defenses to the charge. We’ll aggressively advocate for you at each step of the way, standing by your side until the case is resolved. I’m committed to helping you get back on the road as efficiently as possible.